ETA: OMG LJ CUTS will be the end of me one of these days!
I saw this meme like around last November and I knew I wanted to do it, but then technical difficulties arose and I had to put it on hold. If you haven't done it yet, then go do the meme :)
And now....How I got into bandom (the short edition)
1. Bandom fangirl since: Though this journal was created on March 27th, 2008, I'm going to say that I've been reading/lurking in bandom since November of '07. So not too long, but I guess I'm not a n00b anymore ;)
2. First band in the fandom: Believe it or not, I came in through the Wentz. ( Pics or it didn't happen--FOB )
3. How, why, and when did you get into bandom?
That is a long answer that I will definitely answer in a post filled with fic recs and pics and music clips and rambling (sort of like this) but for now, the short answer: polyfandomrecs
, mixed in with some boredom, a really cool snippet, and a strong feeling of 'I want another kind of story to read, maybe this is it', so it was completely random :) It's actually been over a year ago, and I still love it. Sure the furor has died down a bit, because if I ran on that level of adoration constantly, I'd be mentally dead. Still here and having a good time.( 4 is some patd grp shots )
5. What was your first impression of each of them? So this is weird because I encountered PATD two different times: through music/MTV and through fic, but fic was what got me into the fandom, so I'll mention that here.
I should also mention here that these impressions were drawn off of fic so they might be a little skewered and are mostly different from how I view them now. We can all laugh at my ignorance in the comments.
Brendon-- very hyper dude with some hidden depth, also ex-Mormon, I was okay with reading him in fic. Had a good ass.
Ryan--who? I knew he was skinny and was often written as depressed and angry and sort of manipulative. Was often a side character in the fic I was reading. Maybe it was what I was reading. Probably was also the time period, because now he is a happy stoner who looks up gangster in youtube.
Jon -- had a beard and was mostly perpetually pleasant. He didn't wear real shoes. Also loved coffee, cats, and cameras. Also adored Spencer Smith according to all the fic. AKA the Real Boy of Panic.
Spencer -- Sarcastic, slightly bitchy, loved shoes, lovely eyes, and became slightly adorable around Jon Walker; and sometimes Brendon Urie. Also was Ryan Ross's best friend.
If I was going only by the first time I saw Panic, I have to admit that I thought the act was Brendon with some backup band, kind of like a guy version of Avril Lavigne.
6. What was the first bandom fic you ever read?
This is the second fic
I saved onto delicious. (Ryan Ross: Wedding Planner--go read it now if you haven't. It's a classic.) But the first bandom fic I remember reading was a FOB one (Pete/Patrick).
7. When was your first bandom concert experience? What was it like?
So HCT 2008, here is my first unfiltered reaction
. Here is the longer one
after I took some time to calm down. I should warn for CAPS and rambling, but you guys should know me well enough now to just expect that :)